Several people have asked me about the tennis courts in the park. A keypad system has recently been fitted to the main entrance from the Capital Ring and which is currently locked. What is going on?
Information is currently sparse. But from two regular players there today I gather that:
- The keypad is in preparation for controlled access from September
- The courts will nonetheless continue to be free from then
- But you will need to register beforehand to get the code (not sure if it will change on a daily basis).
- It is possible that the Golf club cafe may also be able to issue keycodes (to be confirmed).
- This list to https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/PerivaleParkPitches lists the facilities in the park, including the tennis courts, but there is no information there yet about the proposed changes
- One might wonder why, in order to play tennis in the park, you have to reveal your identity (by presumably registering online first). Perhaps the authorities want a better picture of who is using the facilities there and for how long!
- There will shortly be 12 exercise machines installed in the park (delayed by the lockdown). We may presume that one will not need to register to use those?
So currently anyone can still play tennis in the park at no charge, but you do have to go through the back gate, which is not being locked. If the facts as I have asserted them are incorrect or change, I will update here.